Wednesday, November 25, 2009

And He's Up

The other night, Axel and Ram were roughhousing on the bed and Axel just decided to hold onto daddy and stand up. Then, a few minutes later, I undressed Axel in preparation for his bath and made him sit down on the bathroom rug. I then turned to the tub to start the water, and when I turned back around, he was in the process of pulling himself onto his feet! I know these things happen with no warning, but I did not see this one coming at all.

Since then, everywhere he goes, Axel wants to stand up. I am now starting to understand what people mean when they say that their child is into everything. Thankfully, we have planned ahead and have very little stuff for him to get into. If I need to limit his access, I just close a couple of doors.

We have had many bumps already, with no sign of those letting up. Axel has yet to learn that it is easy to fall when you get distracted and let go of the couch, the tub or the rails. We may have a little adventurer on our hands.

No comments: