Sunday, November 8, 2009

Eight Months Old









































This month has been a great month for us. Axel has been growing so much, I don't know where to begin. I decided early in the month that it was time for night nursings to come to an end. So, after a couple of nights of crying for an hour or so around 3 am, Axel learned that he can go back to sleep on his own. He has been doing it ever since. For the last 2 weeks, he has not been waking up in the middle of the night anymore. We now have a baby who, almost nightly, sleeps from 6:30 or 7 pm to 6:30 or 7:30 am! Quite amazing and quite enjoyable, I must say.


Axel has become so quick with his scooting. He goes everywhere he can. Toward the end of the month, he began crawling on all fours. He likes to go under his ottoman to find his toys. We set up a mirror so that he can see himself playing in the living room. He loves that little baby looking back at his. He smiles and shakes his head at him. He kisses that little baby and even sometimes tries to bump heads with him. It is so funny to watch.

Axel's favorite place lately has to be the front door. He love to crawl over there and just sit and watch. I think he is looking for cars driving by as well as just looking at the leaves on the bamboo. Sometimes, I get down on the floor with him and look out. What a different perspective: looking at the world from down there. We celebrated my 31st birthday in the middle of October. The family party was at my parents' house. I was so excited to get to pose for this family birthday photo! I will cherish it forever!

Halloween was fun. Axel has a little suit that my brother, Ben, and his girlfriend, Kiki, bought for him in China. We spent the evening at some friends' house with their little pumpkin. The babies were hilarious. They mostly just relaxed on the floor in their costumes.

Axel is such a joy! Now with three teeth and a fourth on it's way, he is looking so grown up. I just love my little boy.

No comments: