Saturday, August 8, 2009

Five Months


































What fun it is to be parents. Ram and I are so happy that we have our little Axel. He is such a joy and such a good boy. Sleeping has been going well. Eating is going well. Axel is learning to travel and sleep in hotels. He is still growing at a rapid rate. I think he's about 18 pounds now, about the 95th percentile for his height, weight and head circumference. So many people comment that his dad must be really big......uh, not really. Ram is tall (6'1") and thin, so I think Axel will just follow suit.

When he is on the floor, Axel likes to play with his little toys and roll over front to back and back to front. He has really started displaying signs that he wants to scoot around a bit, too. He pulls his knees up under his bottom and tries his best, but isn't quite there yet. We are going to visit my sister Sandra and nephew Austin in about 5 weeks. I am hoping by then he will be a little bit mobile, since I know Austin would LOVE that. We are also working on sitting up, which is fun, too. Most of the time, Axel just notices his toes and folds himself in half to get to them. Did I mention that his toes are his very favrite chew toy? I was looking forward to the toe sucking since I was pregnant. I just love it.

As some of you know, we have had a very difficult month as we lost a good friend in a tragic accident. Axel has been such a joy and delight to Ram, especially during a very painful time. The first few days, we could see that Axel was picking up on some of the stress as he was extra fussy. But that passed quickly and his little smile has brought many smiles to us in our time of need. I am so thankful to God for keeping my husband, Axel's father, safe. Life is so precious, as Ram is to me and Axel. I can't imagine our life without him. We will miss Ray. I am so thankful for the good friend that he was to Ram.

To keep daddy company, Axel and I spent the better part of two weeks in San Francisco while Ram worked during the day and spent time with us in the evening. We spent a lot of time in the hotel room keeping naps somewhat scheduled and going out to get food for mommy every once in a while. Axel did so great! He slept just like he does at home and hardly ever cried during the days. We spent one day at the Aademy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park with Ram's family. We had a great time. Axel didn't have a clue, I am sure. But, we acted like he did, showing him animals and fish. Ram and I went there when I was pregnant. At one point, as we were walking through the muggy, hot rainforest, I told him, "Next time we come here, you are carrying this baby." He did just that. It was a really fun day.

Thank you for reading my latest journal entry. I could go on, but know it would bore most of you.
Take care and say "I love you" to everyone you love.

No comments: