Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Future Architecture Lover


Walking into the living room this morning, I found Axel sitting on the couch intently looking through the pages of our new Dwell magazine.  Since I was a little girl, when I would use my Dad's drafting paper to draw floor plans of houses, I have had a fascination with architecture.  I babysat for a family who had a pile of Architectural Digest magazines in their living room.  It was so fun to dive into them after the girls were in bed.  In junior college, I would sit in the computer lab within earshot of the CAD class and just dream of being able to understand what those students were learning.  If I ever decided to make a big career change, architect would be one of my top choices.


Seeing Axel look through these pages makes me hope that he will appreciate architecture the way Ram and I do now.  It would be so fun to take our children on trips to view the great architecture of the world, when they are older.


One of the houses featured has some children playing at their kitchen table.  The next page shows the outside of their house with a skuut bike leaning against the house.  He really zeroed in on that bike.  Little does he know that there is one in the trunk of daddy's car right now.

No comments: