Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cascade Shores







We took a trip out to Ram's old playing place.  He grew up outside Nevada City near Scotts Flat Lake.  I think this is what Ram pictures when we dream of our children being able to have access to the land like we did when we were young.  It is our hope that we will be able to provide this for our children in some capacity.  For now, it will have to be limited to visits on weekends. 

Axel had so much fun at the lake.  He went "swimming", threw rocks and went exploring with Daddy.  The days leading up to our day trip, I was so full of stress and depression, I could not even make up my mind what to do on our weekend.  This trip was just what I needed.  It was so peaceful to be out in God's great creation (even though man actually made this lake :)  The weather was beautiful and, as I held, nursed and played with my sweet Autumn, I had the pleasure of watching my husband do what he most desires to do with his son.  It was one of those times when they seemed to be exactly where they should be.  They were having an adventure, just like Ram did as a young boy on that same shoreline. 

It was perfect.  My heart swelled, and I was so thankful for the family that God has given to me.  Such sweet times revive my soul.

No comments: